After a day spent crying and sucking my thumb, I'm finally ready to talk about Sunday. Mulligan beat me in the championship game. I went to bed winning by about 30 points. I told him he'd need a big game from Alfred Morris in order to win, and sure enough, the awesomely named runningback scored a billion points and I woke up to the disheartening news Monday morning.
I'll let Yahoo's recap generator do the explaining for you...
Championship: ItsOnLikeNdamukong Comes from Behind to Edge B-Vers
ItsOnLikeNdamukong got the fourth-highest point total in the league (regular season + playoffs) and erased a 34-point deficit on Sunday night to edge B-Vers 132 - 127. The miniscule 5-point playoff win was the eighth-smallest difference over all matchups this season. ItsOnLikeNdamukong has put a nice string together after winning their last three matchups in a row. ItsOnLikeNdamukong makes it three in a row against B-Vers, following up an 87 - 84 win in Week 12. The result might have been worse, ItsOnLikeNdamukong had a starter score zero points (Brandon Lloyd).
ItsOnLikeNdamukong Smooth Moves
ItsOnLikeNdamukong Smooth Moves
- Alfred Morris led the league in scoring and had the ninth-most points in the league this season with 39.
- With 36 points against a projected 27.40, Aaron Rodgers ranked fourth in the league in scoring and has now overachieved in three straight games.
- C.J. Spiller scored 16 points, which ranked ninth out of all the RBs in the league this week.
- Starter Brandon Lloyd put up a zero, but ItsOnLikeNdamukong still won.
- Shayne Graham exceeded scoring projections by 22.4%, with 11 points against a projected 8.99.
- Left DeAngelo Williams on the bench, where he scored the fifth-most points in the league and beat his projected point total by 187.0%, the third-highest percentage in the league.
- ItsOnLikeNdamukong won the K position battle, beating B-Vers 11 - 3.
- 5 of the starters on B-Vers scored less than their projected points.
- The San Francisco 49ers Defense fell short of their scoring projection with 10 points, just 57.9% of their projected 17.28.
- If ItsOnLikeNdamukong played B-Vers every week, they would be 7-9 this season.
- Besides B-Vers, ItsOnLikeNdamukong would have defeated six other teams this week.
- If they played the same schedule as B-Vers, ItsOnLikeNdamukong would be 9-3-1.
- If ItsOnLikeNdamukong had played every team in the league each week, they would be 94-50-1.
- B-Vers would not have lost to any other team in the league besides ItsOnLikeNdamukong this week.
- Had they played each other last week, ItsOnLikeNdamukong would have lost to B-Vers 124 - 120.
- If they played the same schedule as ItsOnLikeNdamukong, B-Vers would be 10-3.
- If they played every team every week, B-Vers would be 94-46-2.
- ItsOnLikeNdamukong has had six wins this year where their opponent beat their average score.
- Three of the six losses for B-Vers this season have come when their opponent had their highest-scoring week of the season.
- This matchup had the top two scoring teams in the league this week.
- ItsOnLikeNdamukong topped their point expectations for the third week in a row. They have now overperformed versus projections for the 10th time.
- With the win, ItsOnLikeNdamukong has a three-game win streak, currently the longest in the league.
- B-Vers had the highest losing score in the league this season with 127 points.
- The margin of victory for the matchup ended up being the smallest in the league this week at 5 points.
- B-Vers had their three-game win streak snapped in the loss.